In need of food? Here are places to start.

Vermont 2-1-1
24-hour hotline for Vermonters. Call 2-1-1 or visit their website for information about organizations that may be able to help you obtain food.

You could be eligible or receive a 3SquaresVT benefit or increase benefits you already have. Apply at If you need help applying contact or call 855-855-6161 or text VFBSNAP to 85511.

If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, you may be able to access healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. or text ‘VTWIC ’ to 855-11.

To learn more about subsidized school meals, call Rumney Memorial School at (802) 223-5429 or U-32 Middle & High School at (802) 229-0321.

Vermont Foodbank
Free monthly food to lower income older adults through the Commodity Supplemental Food Program.

Capstone Community Action
Nutrition programs and food shelf.

Montpelier Food Pantry

Serves residents of the greater Montpelier area. or call 802-375-5369.

Waterbury  Area Food Shelf

For residents of Waterbury, Waterbury Center, Duxbury, Bolton, Middlesex and Moretown.  or call 802-244-1561.



In need of housing or assistance with heating your home? Here are places to start.

Vermont 2-1-1
24-hour hotline for Vermonters. Call 2-1-1 or visit their website for information about organizations that may be able to help you obtain emergency housing or home heating assistance.

Capstone Community Action
If you are about to be evicted, need help finding a place to live, or need assistance with your heating fuel or power bill, visit call 802-479-1053.

Department of Children and Families
You may be able to receive help paying your home heating bill.

Vermont Electric Coop
You can find a a list of government and private agencies that may provide fuel and heating assistance.

Vermont Legal Aid
You can find a list of programs in Vermont to help you get power, fuel, and heat for your home at a lower cost.

Department of Health
To find resources on health issues.

Vermont Health Connect
Sign up for health insurance. Visit their website or call (855) 899-9600 TTY/TDD 888-834-7898

Vermont Crisis Text Line
TEXT 741741

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
(800) 273-TALK or to chat

Washington County Mental Health Services
Health crisis care is available 24/7 by calling 802-229-0591

Howard Center
Mental health, substance abuse and developmental disability services. Crisis respons team (802) 488-777. To learn more call (802) 488-6000 or visit

Domestic Violence Hotline

Sexual Violence Hotline

Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence

VT Helplink
Alcohol and Drug Support Center
802-565-LINK (5465)

VT Department of Labor
You can find information on jobs and on unemployment insurance benefits, employee sick-time, paid leave, and other issues at

Need to apply for unemployment benefits? Find instructions here:

Vermont Job Link
You can search for job opportunities and apply for work.

VT Agency of Commerce and Community Development
Information and guidance for businesses.

Main Street Alliance
Resource list for small businesses at

VT Small Business Development Center
Business mentoring and education.

Center for Women & Enterprise
No-cost business counseling and online workships for owners of small businesses.

Vermont Housing and Conservation Board
Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program provides business planning services and technical assistance to farm, food, and forest products businesses.

Vermont Center for Emerging Technologies
Free 1:1 business advice to startup and scaling companies.